USAID Advancing Nutrition is seeking a consultant to develop a decision guide for strengthening nutrition governance and support the piloting of a portion of the guide in Burkina Faso. The decision guide will help implementing partners, government, and other multi-sectoral nutrition stakeholders identify and prioritize areas for strengthening. The consultant will be expected to:
- Identify, review, and synthesize existing nutrition governance and other health, nutrition, and food systems frameworks.
- Gather known nutrition governance tools and conduct a search for additional nutrition governance tools developed by projects, programs, and governments for either global or country-specific use and other related literature on nutrition governance.
- Support the design, adaptation, and refinement of the rapid assessment component of the decision guide, including the integration of lessons learned during the pilot in Burkina Faso.
- Annotate the set of tools selected for inclusion in the decision guide.
- Support USAID Advancing Nutrition with the development of the decision guide, including collaboratively developing the format/structure with USAID Advancing Nutrition and drafting and revising content such as background information and user guidance sections. Review final design and provide feedback.
Further details, including consultant qualifications, are provided in the attached Scope of Work. The work is estimated to be approximately equivalent to 60 days between the date of hire and August 31, 2023. To apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.