In the United States, JSI staff are supporting the COVID-19 response by working with state health departments and local partners to implement case investigation and contact tracing programs, plan and execute vaccination clinics, and maintain continuity of operations of essential public health programs.
JSI staff filled lead roles in state Incident Command Structures, collaborating with health department staff to lead to case investigation, contact tracing, and surveillance and epidemiology efforts by:
- Writing protocols and scripts for exposed contact notification and monitoring, case interviews, and patient monitoring, and exposure investigations in schools and other institutions.
- Implementing new software to more efficiently notify and interview a high volume of exposed contacts and confirmed cases.
- Developing and improving processes for internal and external communications.
- Training new response staff on contact tracing, case investigation, and data management.
- Conducting contact tracing investigations, including making calls to confirmed cases, exposed contacts, business owners, and other organizational setting representatives.
- Providing education and public health recommendations on quarantine, isolation, and infection prevention to members of the public.
- Coordinating data acquisition, analysis, and report preparation for COVID-19 dashboards and other pandemic-related data analysis projects.