Evolving national and state health policies, along with ongoing payment changes, require health care providers to continually adapt programs and form new collaborations to provide comprehensive and high-quality care to individuals.
We work with states, counties, health care systems, Medicaid managed care plans, community health centers, rural clinics, and multi-sectoral community coalitions to approach health policy changes and opportunities to implement value-based payment reforms. We seek to understand what works through thoughtful and rigorous evaluation.
With our years of experience and expertise in public health and understanding of Medicaid, we can organize and coordinate efforts across sectors and steer broad-based initiatives that benefit local communities.
When helping providers and systems implement new reforms, we strive to ensure that changes reflect the goals of better meeting individual and community needs. While helping stakeholders to influence policy, we make sure proposals are grounded in rigorous research and evidence-based practice.
For more than 15 years, we have been researching how payment reform and delivery system transformation affect the Medicaid system. We have also worked closely with a variety of safety-net organizations in a number of states, including those representing health centers and public hospitals to design and implement innovative approaches to payment and delivery system change.
Our experience and expertise includes:
- Conducting research on value-based payment models, including assessing the feasibility of payment models and their relationship to care transformation in the safety net
- Facilitating workgroups through pilot and implementation stages of payment reforms
- Providing strategic consulting support to foundations, primary care associations, and health centers to advance payment practice change
- Guiding states, health plans, and provider groups in assessing and implementing value-based payment strategies.
- Facilitating emerging partnerships
- Strengthening health care integration and delivery of primary care and behavioral health services