JSI is helping countries, public health agencies, and health facilities deliver services that meet people’s needs and are resilient enough to withstand shocks, such as that of COVID-19.
We are committed to continuing our work to strengthen health systems and improve services—and ultimately, people’s health. During the COVID crisis, we have been helping clients across the globe through preparedness planning, infection prevention, and supply procurement and supply-chain management to maintain the flow of medicines, supplies, and services. JSI is also at the forefront of COVID-19 vaccine introduction, helping governments to develop the systems to manage the vaccine process, training providers in product management and delivery, coordinating information sharing with the public and private sectors, and traditional leadership to sensitize communities.
As of September 2022, JSI has:
- provided 9,737,367 people with a first dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine
- delivered 1,022,658 vaccine doses to in-country destinations
- trained 1,111 people on surveillance and/or rapid response
- reached 583,719 people with critical WASH supplies and services
- reached 73.8 million people with COVID-19 risk communication messaging