Alcohol, Opioids, and other DrugsFor over 25 years, JSI has worked with states, communities, and workplaces addressing substance use disorders (SUD). Now, in the midst of an opioid crisis, with its disproportionate effect on underserved communities, there is an urgent need for evidence-based programs to decrease substance misuse and opioid-related morbidity and mortality.
JSI helps policymakers improve substance misuse treatment and prevention policies based on the needs of their populations. Our comprehensive and integrated approach across the continuum of prevention, treatment, and support services for SUD usually includes a needs assessment, evaluation, research studies, communication campaigns, and quality improvement.
Learn more about our work through the Substance Use Continuum of Care:
Examples of JSI's Work Includes:
- Statewide technical assistance centers for prevention, treatment, and recovery support in New Hampshire and Rhode Island
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) implementation guidance and mentoring for primary care and mental health centers
- State-wide public awareness campaign recognized by the U.S. Surgeon General
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) implementation guidance and mentoring for primary care and other systems of care
- Substance Use and Mental Health Service and Access Assessment and On-Line Directory and GIS Map
- State-wide MIS Data System for substance misuse prevention providers
- State-level strategic planning