Early Initiation of Breastfeeding - Indonesia
Indonesia's National Clinical Training Network (JNPK) has released a clinical training video for midwives on the protocols for early initiation of breastfeeding.
The clinical protocols covered in the video include:
- injection of oxytocin within one minute after delivery
- delayed cutting of the umbilical cord
- placement of the baby in skin-to-skin contact with the mother for one hour after delivery
- allowing the baby to root out the mother's nipple and breastfeed on its own
- delivery of the newborn vitamin K and hepatitis B doses
The video was developed by JNPK, the Ministry of Health, and professional associations representing pediatricians, obstetricians and midwives, with support from the USAID Health Services Program, managed by JSI Research & Training Institute, with technical partner the Manoff Group.
Download the video (MOV,
Note: Right-click on the link and select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Firefox)