News @ JSI
Join JSI at the 2018 American Evaluation Association Conference
October 19, 2018
During the American Evaluation Association meeting in Cleveland, Ohio (October 31–November 3), JSI staff will discuss their deep evaluation expertise, ranging from using development evaluation to assess the impact of a multi-sector collaborative on HIV to integrating health equity in evaluation.
More than 3,000 evaluation scholars, students, and users from around the world will explore a number of questions related to this year's theme, "Speak Truth to Power" including:
- What is power? Who has it, and how can they best be influenced?
- What is the power held by evaluators and evaluation?
- What is truth? Whose truth? How can we best discover these truths?
- And, what is speaking? Whispering? Public pronouncements? Influence? Activism? And by whom on behalf of whom?
JSI's presentations and posters include:
Wednesday, October 31
Poster Session, 6:30–8:30 PM:
- Speaking their language: Sampling and recruitment strategies and considerations from a youth tobacco prevention campaign evaluation, Poster 121, Fonda Ripley.
- Using developmental evaluation to assess the impact of a multi-sector collaborative on HIV/AIDS, Poster 173, Karuna Chibber.
- Follow the leader: Using evaliation to guide innovations in mentoring, Poster 272, Terry Greene.
Friday, November 2
Panel Session, 4:30–5:30 PM:
Anne LaFond, John Snow, Inc., Center for Health Information, Monitoring and Evaluation
Saturday, November 3
Panel Session, 9:15–10:00 AM:
Terry Greene, John Snow, Inc., DPH Asthma Project