SQL Programmer and Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
Position Category: Direct hire, paid in US
Posting Date: 04/15/2019
Deadline Date: 07/15/2019
Starting Date: 06/17/2019
- Proven experience in SQL programming
Query and analyze multi-source data using SQL programming
Knowledge of SAS and other programming languages and/or statistical software is a plus
Extract and manipulate data from a data warehouse using appropriate tools (SQL, Cognos, SAS)to support analysis based on project specifications
Generate and update existing periodic reports using Cognos
Develop analysis plans, metrics and necessary statistics to investigate and monitor data and disease outcomes
Perform data analysis in response to internal and external requests
Troubleshoot and resolve data inconsistencies
- Maintain clear documentation that describe project specifications, SAS and SQL programming code, applied logic, memoranda/reports, and any caveats associated with the data
Data Quality monitoring, investigation and improvement
- Investigate data quality issues by querying data in SQL datamart, reviewing data collection and ETL processes
Document and propose recommendations to address data quality issues in support of establishing data definitions and standards
Knowledge of and experience working with databases, particularly relational databases, ETL processes and data cleaning business rules is a plus
Assist with monthly conversion of SQL datamart into SAS datasets
Work closely with team to address data collection, cleaning, mapping and improvement
Ensure accuracy and completeness of data through data validation and document data issues
- Automate existing processes and identify areas that would benefit from additional process improvement and propose improvement plans
Communication of important data findings
- Collaborate with and convey statistics and analysis to data team (database administrator, analysts/epidemiologists, director)
Assist in the coordination and implementation of data improvement initiatives
Works with stakeholders to determine requirements for standard reports, create mockups, and implement the reports in the appropriate tool. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to manage project timelines and expectations
- Enjoys learning new technologies and skills independently in order to optimize data processes
- Extensive experience in SQL programming and working with relational databases
Experience analyzing large health datasets, such as death records, health claims data, etc.
The candidate must be comfortable working in teams and reconciling various, potentially competing, requirements to produce solutions meeting a variety of user needs
Comfortable with communicating complex technical issues both with technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge of public health, epidemiology, biostatistics
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 07/15/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.