Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Woerden, Netherlands
Position Category: Direct hire, paid in US
Posting Date: 11/06/2018
Deadline Date: 10/03/2019
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is a major financing institution in the fight against these diseases in 140 countries. The Global Fund selected PFSCM to be its primary Procurement Agent for Global Fund principal recipients, under its Pooled Procurement Mechanism aimed at ensuring a cost-effective and efficient procurement process that meets all the Global Fund standards for a Procurement Agent. This service provides support to countries to resolve procurement bottlenecks and supply chain management challenges and to facilitate timely access to pharmaceuticals and other health products.
In addition, PFSCM implements other supply chain management projects with other client/donors including the Malaria Consortium and several developing country governments.
The Supply Chain Specialist serves as the main point of contact towards the funder/client, recipient of the commodities (e.g. ministries of health, NGOs), and PFSCM’s nominated third party logistics providers (3PLs). The Specialist is expected to ensure compliance during the process with funder/client requirements, with internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and in accordance with PFSCM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The Supply Chain Specialist is expected to perform with customer service excellence to all stakeholders and data accuracy. In case of delivery issues, the Specialist is responsible for coordinating the timely resolution of issues and working closely with PFSCM ISO-certified quality management system (QMS). The Specialist is also expected to contribute to continuous improvement efforts, which may include updating or improving SOPs and other relevant documents.
The Supply Chain Specialist is a member of the Supply Chain Services Unit within PFSCM’s Supply Chain Operations Team within the Global Supply Chain department.
- Ensure all requested commodities comply with funder’s/client’s procurement and quality policies.
Manage the order fulfillment process including: requests, price estimates, purchase orders, and required documentation, as appropriate, within PFSCM’s and the funder/client’s KPIs.
Advise and review vendors on required documents for the importation of goods into the relevant country of destination.
- Coordinate and monitor goods readiness with vendors, and provide continuous reviews of vendor performance.
- Plan shipments logistically and financially to meet funder/client expectations.
Proactively manage the timely execution of shipment delivery through last mile, including monitoring, identifying delays/issues which may jeopardize the delivery within the promised timeline and quoted cost, and milestone auditing.
- Lead troubleshooting of in-country transport and delivery challenges; define and implement corrective actions in case of irregularities. In the event of an audit, coordinate with the respective 3PLs to provide and submit delivery documentation.
- Proactively update stakeholders (funder/client, vendor, recipients, 3PL, and internal departments) with accurate order and shipment statuses.
Participate in on-boarding new funders/clients, recipients, vendors, and 3PLs to ensure a smooth ordering and delivery process.
- Proactively contribute to continuous improvement by identifying issues with day-to-day processes and resolving and/or communicating the issues to management in a timely manner.
- Maintain data quality, including timely and accurate data inputs into PFSCM’s IT and/or the clients systems, e.g. milestone dates, order and shipment related costs, PQR, etc.
Maintain PFSCM’s Quality Management System processes, specifically recordkeeping and adherence to SOPs and work instructions (WIs).
- Contribute to performance reporting and ensure out-of-target processes are properly documented.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics, procurement, public health, or other related areas or equivalent experience.
3+ years of supply chain experience.
Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
Experience in the international, public health and/or pharmaceutical sector is a plus.
Previous experience working with international donor agencies, preferred.
Fluency in English is required, French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese fluency is a significant asset.
Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
Strong organizational and analytic skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
Experience working in a developing country is a plus.
Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word and PowerPoint. Advanced level of Excel preferred.
Willingness and availability to travel (1-3 times a year on average) and perform other duties as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the Netherlands and position is based Woerden, NL.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 10/03/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.