Client(s): Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH)
Services: Health Care & Public Health Planning, Training & Technical Assistance, Applied Research & Evaluation
Technical Expertise: HIV & Infectious Diseases, State and Local Public Health
JSI has worked with Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) for many years to provide technical assistance, quality improvement, policy analyses, and other technical services to support the Office of HIV/AIDS and Bureau of Infectious Diseases. This project continues and extends these services with a focus on the following specific areas:
1. Policy Analysis and Capacity Development
JSI supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of effective and efficient public health response by conducting assessment of local, state and national legislative initiatives, legal, regulatory, and other policy that impacts public health response and program management by:
• Conducting assessments of the factors associated with health disparities in populations disproportionately impacted;
• Preparing analysis of the public health impacts identified through assessment activities;
• Developing recommendations and strategies for public health response; and
• Leading the development of tools, techniques, and strategies to facilitate response to policy change.
2. Capacity Building for Quality Improvement
JSI strengthens the capacity for quality improvement by:
• Conducting systems-level assessments of quality improvement protocol, processes, and organizational capacities;
• Identifying strategies to address needs identified through assessment activities; and
• Developing and implement training, educational, and skills-enhancement opportunities to address needs identified by MDPH.
3. Capacity Building to Leverage Health Insurance Coverage in Public Health Services
JSI has also been contracted to support the development, implementation and evaluation of effective and efficient public health response by:
• Conducting environmental scans to determine challenges and facilitators associated with provision of service effectiveness;
• Conducting cost- and cost-effectiveness analyses of prevention, care, and treatment services; and
• Developing and delivering toolkits to support successful implementation of third-party billing and reimbursement.