News @ JSI
JSI Renews its Commitment to Every Woman, Every Child
January 13, 2017
JSI has renewed its commitment to the UN's Every Woman, Every Child campaign to advance the Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health (2016-2030). What does that mean? We will work with international partners at all levels to meet these goals by December 31, 2020:
- Maternal and child health: Scale up innovative RMNCH+A approaches and interventions in 10 countries.
- Health information systems: Improve the quality of health data, increase evidence-based decision making, and respond to the growing demand for information-driven health services planning and management in at least 10 countries in Africa and Asia.
- Nutrition: Support inter-sectoral nutrition interventions in 10 countries by supporting governments in implementing the Scaling-Up Nutrition initiatives.
- Human resources for health: Engage and empower communities in 10 countries by training and supporting more than 20,000 health workers, community-based workers, and volunteers.
- Routine immunization: Tackle inequities in access to and use of immunization services in 10 countries by supporting approaches to reach every community and child and introducing new vaccines.
- Logistics services: Strengthen supply chains for priority Every Woman, Every Child health products, such as vaccines andcontraceptives, in at least 10 countries.
Since JSI’s founding in 1978, we have implemented more than 500 projects around the globe to ensure women, children, and adolescents have access to quality essential health services, affordable medicines, routine vaccinations, and adequate nutrition.