Senior Substance Use and Mental Health Consultant
Location: Boston, MA
Posting Date: 09/20/2017
Deadline Date: 11/15/2017
- Participate in the JSI Substance Use and Mental Health (SUMH) workgroup, which has responsibilities for overall strategic direction of the SUMH portfolio and business development activities
Serve as proposal lead and facilitate proposal strategy meetings, including bid decisions,, competitor analyses, and partner identification
Lead and/or co-author competitive technical proposals in collaboration with other division subject matter experts for federal, state, and local projects
Direct and/or manage one or more national, state, or local SUMH projects
Serve as subject matter expert and/or fill technical roles on multiple projects
- Participate in partner development, market research, and competitive intelligence activities; meet with potential clients, partners, and competitors and disseminate meeting outcomes to SUMH workgroup; coordinate partnering strategies and agreements; and conduct due diligence in the field.
- 10+ years substantial experience in mental health and/or substance use in the US
Direct experience in either state or federal level substance use or mental health program leadership
Knowledge of SAMHSA, and track record of leading SAMHSA funded projects and/or other federal, state, or private funding sources for SUMH work
Extensive project management expertise, with strong skills in training/technical assistance, policy, research, and/or evaluation
Meaningful engagement in an extensive professional network of clinical, program, policy and technical assistance experts in substance use and mental health services
Experience leading and managing large, diverse teams.
Publication of peer reviewed articles in the field of substance use or mental health
- Masters, PhD, or clinical degree
- Proven business development skills
Strong program management skills
Strong client management skills
- State and national policy knowledge of substance use and mental health
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 11/15/2017.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.