Location: Washington, DC
Posting Date: 04/10/2017
Deadline Date: Open until the position is filled.
The Program Coordinator (PC) will work under the supervision of the MCSP Senior Program Officer to support start-, implementation, and/or closeout of MCSP and other donor funded country programs. The PC is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the program by coordinating administrative, logistical, and technical support. The PC will also support the program team in technical planning, workplan development, information sharing and collection, and the preparation of reports, presentations, and other program materials. S/he supports the Senior Program Officer in tracking partner/sub-grantee/consultant deliverables; assists technical staff to implement and monitor activities; and provides other needed operational support to ensure that quality and timely assistance is provided to advance the program’s agenda.
- Assist program and technical officers in recruiting local staff, setting up field offices, and orienting field staff to JSI and MCSP systems;
Process monthly wire requests, vendor payments and expense reports;
Serve as primary point of contact with in country staff for field account processing, including reviewing documentation to ensure accuracy and working within the accounting system for timely submission of financial reports;
Analyze costs and track spending against approved budgets; Ensure regular communications with field offices and headquarters-level responsiveness to country needs;
- Provide operational and administrative support to field teams, according to skills and experience.
- Work with program and technical officers in preparing clear, well-written specifications for goods and services, including scopes of work for short-term technical assistance and contracted services (e.g., purchase orders, subcontracts, and vendor agreements);
As instructed by Finance Manager (FM), obtain bids and process purchase orders;
- Arrange for shipping of supplies and equipment; and assist FM in monitoring progress and performance of purchase order and vendor agreements.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, and technical papers, including tracking deadlines for reporting to ensure timely, quality reports.
- Contact candidates to determine availability and collect CVs, salary histories and references; perform reference checks; document decisions leading to consultant selection;
Prepare contracts and travel packets;
Monitor technical deliverables and expense reports to ensure their timely and full completion;
- Process consultant advances and payment requests; and Provide other support needed to ensure the SOW is completed successfully.
- Make flight and hotel bookings for staff and consultants; manage visa processing; coordinate USAID travel approval requests;
Purchase insurance for travelers as needed;
- Work with travelers to copyedit, format, and process their trip reports and expense reports.
- Assist with meeting logistics, including scheduling, preparing agendas, sending appointments, taking and circulating notes (including in French), and following up on action items after meetings.
- Maintain print and electronic operating files, such as topical and chronological files, partner-related files, technical reports, contract deliverables, and others as required;
- Ensure document version control and strong records management.
- Maintain shared network drives and MCSP and JSI Intranets, archiving all key program documentation including (but not limited to): job descriptions, work plans, budgets, strategy documents, and progress and financial reports;
- Work with communications staff to disseminate blogs and success stories through external MCSP and JSI websites and other communication channels.
- Bachelor degree and two years of experience working in the field of international health or development; experience supporting the implementation of USAID-funded projects a plus.
Proven administrative and organizational skills.
Ability to work independently and in groups; manage multiple tasks concurrently; and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. French and English fluency required.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural team environment.
Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office Suite applications, specifically MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with recent editions of Website management software and Adobe Acrobat highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.